- Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated04:28Glasgow CentralPlatform 1 estimated05:41CarlislePlatform 4 estimated05:57CarlislePlatform 5 estimated07:36NewcastlePlatform 5 estimated08:00NewcastlePlatform 3 estimated08:56YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 4 estimated06:00Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 4 estimated06:49Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated07:01Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated09:38YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 9 estimated06:06Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 9 estimated07:13Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 12 estimated07:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated09:54YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 2 estimatedYorkPlatform 3 estimated0 changesPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated07:15Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated08:04Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 9W estimated08:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated10:55YorkPlatform 3 estimatedYorkPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated07:45Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated08:36Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimated09:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated11:30YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow CentralPlatform 8 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimated0 changesPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated08:15Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated09:02Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 14 estimated09:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 6 estimated11:54YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated08:45Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 3 estimated09:33Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 10 estimated10:00Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 5 estimated12:29YorkPlatform 3 estimatedYorkPlatform 3 estimatedPeak
- Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 7 estimated09:15Glasgow Queen StreetPlatform 7 estimated10:04Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 16 estimated10:30Edinburgh (Waverley)Platform 19 estimated12:55YorkPlatform 5 estimatedYorkPlatform 5 estimatedPeak
How long does it take to travel from Glasgow to York by train?
The average journey time between Glasgow and York is . On an average weekday, there are 16 trains travelling from Glasgow to York. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from Glasgow to York by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from Glasgow to York cost?
Train tickets from Glasgow to York can start from as little as £18.20 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from Glasgow to York?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Glasgow to York without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from Glasgow to York.Direct
What is the distance between Glasgow and York?
The distance between Glasgow and York is 182 miles.Distance: 182 miles
What time is the first train from Glasgow to York?
The first train from Glasgow to York departs at .
What time is the last train from Glasgow to York?
The last train from Glasgow to York departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from York to Glasgow.