- on timeLondon Paddington12:28London Paddington13:24Swindon (Wilts)Platform 413:29Swindon (Wilts)Platform 313:53Bath SpaPlatform 1on timeBath SpaPlatform 1Super Off Peak
- on timeLondon Paddington13:28London Paddington14:24Swindon (Wilts)Platform 414:29Swindon (Wilts)Platform 114:53Bath SpaPlatform 1on timeBath SpaPlatform 1Super Off Peak
- on timeLondon Paddington14:28London Paddington15:24Swindon (Wilts)Platform 415:29Swindon (Wilts)Platform 115:53Bath SpaPlatform 1on timeBath SpaPlatform 1Super Off Peak
- on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 8 estimated16:18London PaddingtonPlatform 8 estimated17:12Swindon (Wilts)Platform 4 estimated17:33Swindon (Wilts)Platform 1 estimated17:57Bath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedon timeBath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedOff Peak
- on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 6 estimated17:20London PaddingtonPlatform 6 estimated17:54ReadingPlatform 13 estimated18:13ReadingPlatform 9 estimated18:37Swindon (Wilts)Platform 4 estimated18:45Swindon (Wilts)Platform 1 estimated19:10Bath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedon timeBath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
- on timeLondon PaddingtonPlatform 10 estimated18:20London PaddingtonPlatform 10 estimated18:53ReadingPlatform 12 estimated19:13ReadingPlatform 9 estimated19:38Swindon (Wilts)Platform 4 estimated20:29Swindon (Wilts)Platform 1 estimated20:53Bath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedon timeBath SpaPlatform 1 estimatedPeak
Taking the train from London to Bath
Trains from London to Bath take just an hour and a half on average, with the fastest services covering the 94-mile route in just over an hour. All trains depart from London Paddington and arrive into Bath Spa, the city's main railway station, with no changes. This route is served by Great Western Railway (GWR), whose trains are distinguishable by their striking green and yellow exterior.
GWR trains are modern and comfortable. Free WiFi is available in Standard Class and there’s a snack trolley serving drinks and nibbles. Upgrade to First Class and you'll benefit from wide, comfortable seats, plug sockets, reading lights and complimentary food.
Whether you opt for First or Standard Class, you'll arrive into Bath refreshed and ready to explore. The Roman Baths are a must-visit attraction, and the city itself is a UNESCO World Heritage site, so there won't be a shortage of quaint Roman streets to visit. Ready to book? Use the Journey Planner at the top of the page to find cheap advance fares to Bath today.
How long does it take to travel from London Paddington to Bath Spa by train?
The average journey time between London Paddington and Bath Spa is . On an average weekday, there are 56 trains travelling from London Paddington to Bath Spa. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from London Paddington to Bath Spa by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from London Paddington to Bath Spa cost?
Train tickets from London Paddington to Bath Spa can start from as little as £12 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from London Paddington to Bath Spa?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London Paddington to Bath Spa without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London Paddington to Bath Spa.Direct
What is the distance between London Paddington and Bath Spa?
The distance between London Paddington and Bath Spa is 94 miles.Distance: 94 miles
What time is the first train from London Paddington to Bath Spa?
The first train from London Paddington to Bath Spa departs at .
What time is the last train from London Paddington to Bath Spa?
The last train from London Paddington to Bath Spa departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Bath Spa to London Paddington.