- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 4on timeOxfordPlatform 10 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon Paddington12:28London Paddington12:52ReadingPlatform 813:15ReadingPlatform 13B13:38OxfordPlatform 4on timeOxfordPlatform 4Off Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 3 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 20 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 2 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 10 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon Paddington13:28London Paddington13:52ReadingPlatform 814:15ReadingPlatform 7B14:38OxfordPlatform 4on timeOxfordPlatform 4Off Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 5 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 20 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 6 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 10 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon Paddington14:28London Paddington14:52Reading15:15ReadingPlatform 8B estimated15:38OxfordPlatform 4on timeOxfordPlatform 4Off Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 1 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 20 changesOff Peak
- on timeLondon MarylebonePlatform 5 estimatedon timeOxfordPlatform 1 estimated0 changesOff Peak
Taking the train from London to Oxford
Famous for its intellectual legacy and attracting travellers from all over the world, Oxford one is one the must-visit cities in England. And when trains from London Paddington to Oxford take less than an hour, you can find yourself in one of the cities iconic picturesque libraries before you know it. This convenient city centre to city centre journey by train eliminates the stress of finding parking in the city, and there's no need to navigate the complicated one-way systems.
Around 118 trains travelling along this route daily and you’re likely to be travelling on either a Great Western Railway (GWR) or Chiltern Railways service. Standard Class tickets offer comfortable seating, free WiFi and enough space in the carriages for luggage. If you fancy treating yourself, go First Class with GWR and enjoy reclining seats, complimentary snacks and drinks and access to the First Class lounge in Paddington station.
With a choice of London stations including Paddington and Marylebone, you can start your journey wherever is most convenient for you. Choose Paddington if you’re looking for quicker journey times. Enjoy incredible countryside along the way from your window and be sure to take time to marvel at Christ Church College once you arrive into Oxford. Ready to go? Use our Journey Planner at the top of this page to search for train times and cheap tickets from London to Oxford.
How long does it take to travel from London to Oxford by train?
The average journey time between London and Oxford is . On an average weekday, there are 118 trains travelling from London to Oxford. The journey time may be longer on weekends and holidays.Avg. Duration
What is the fastest journey from London to Oxford by train?
The fastest journey time by train is .
How much does the train from London to Oxford cost?
Train tickets from London to Oxford can start from as little as £5 when you book in advance and are usually more expensive when purchased on the day. Prices can also vary depending the time of day, route and class you book.
Are there direct trains from London to Oxford?
Yes, it is possible to travel from London to Oxford without having to change trains. Use our journey planner above to get direct train times from London to Oxford.Direct
What is the distance between London and Oxford?
The distance between London and Oxford is 52 miles.Distance: 52 miles
What time is the first train from London to Oxford?
The first train from London to Oxford departs at .
What time is the last train from London to Oxford?
The last train from London to Oxford departs at .First trainLast trainNo sleeper services are available. There may also be fewer services on weekends and public holidays; use the Journey Planner above to search for a specific train on your chosen travel date.
If you're like us, you've probably seen the sheer number of ticket types available in the UK and wondered ''Why are there so many?!'' Well, luckily we've put together a handy guide to all the variations of train ticket you may encounter on your travels.Our guide to ticket types:*Please note that not all types of train tickets are available for every journey. Factors such as the time, date and train company you'll be using can affect the availability of each one.
If you’re looking for the return train journey, check out trains from Oxford to London.